Masters of Science in Clinical Psychology (MSc)
Graduates of this program are prepared for a number of career options including hospitals, rehabilitation centers, schools, prisons, public agencies, and private practice as well as academic and research settings. The program may also serve as a foundation for students interested in pursuing doctoral level studies.
This MSc provides professional preparation for the clinical practice of psychology enabling individuals to diagnose and treat psychological and behavioral disorders in a variety of settings. This program requires 39 semester hours of study, including six semester hours (600 clock hours) of supervised practicum experience in an approved mental health or rehabilitation setting. Full-time students will be able to graduate in two years, while part-time students will take a longer time. Writing a Master’s thesis is an optional requirement. The language of instruction is English. UAEU is a federal institution of the UAE and has accredited status on that basis.
- Certified and current scores in IELTS (minimum 6.0) or TOEFL (minimum 550)
- Academic transcripts demonstrating a GPA of 2.5/C with GPA 3.0/B in psychology- related courses
- Completion of a minimum 24 credit hours in psychology (certain prerequisites, decided by committee on a case-by-case basis) may be required
- Three letters of reference: at least one should be from a professor familiar with the applicant’s academic performance
- At least one sample of academic writing in English (no fewer than five pages in total)
Applicants must complete the application form available here:
MSc Clinical Psychology
Department of Psychology and Counseling
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
P.O. Box: 15551,
Al Ain, U.A.E.
Or Email to: email@example.com
Enquiries: +971 3 713 6470
You may contact the Program Director, Dr Abdulla Abdel Rahmamed Mohamed Hamid by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org , contact No: 03-7136477