M.Sc. in Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Program Introduction, from the Director
The Remote Sensing and Geographic Information Systems Master of Science Program at UAE University is the first of its kind in the region. It is designed to provide you with the theoretical background and practical skills to start or advance your career in remote sensing and GIS. Our curriculum has been specifically developed to suit students from diverse academic backgrounds and professional occupations. No prior remote sensing or GIS experience is required to excel in the program.
In the last few years, the realization of the significance of the spatial aspect of processes that influence our natural and societal environments along with technological advances in computers, remote sensing and satellite positioning, propelled the integration of spatial data in the decision making process and day-to-day activities of many governmental and private organizations. The demand for professionals with geospatial skills has been consistently increasing in various sectors including municipalities, police, environmental agencies, utilities companies and oil industry. Our primary objective is to educate and train those who need spatial thinking and geospatial techniques in their current or future careers.
When you enroll in our program, you will be trained by qualified UAE University faculty members from different colleges and departments. You will also interact with professionals from diverse organizations and have an opportunity for professional networking.
I look forward to seeing you in this exciting program,
Dr. Nazmi Saleous
Director, M.Sc. in Remote Sensing and GIS Program at UAEU
To be considered for admission in this M.Sc. program a candidate must at least fulfill the following criteria:
- He/She must hold (or expects to hold before the semester starts) a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in the UAE with a minimum GPA of 2.5 or equivalent. This minimum is equivalent to an overall average of 62.5% and corresponds to a “Good” or “Honors” mention in Universities where GPA is not used. Holders of a degree from a foreign university must obtain a “certificate equivalency” from the Ministry of Higher Education in the UAE.
- He/She must have a valid (less than 2 years old) TOEFL or IELTS certificate with a minimum score of 500 for TOEFL (or 62 for TOEFL iBT) and of 5.0 for IELTS. Note that the English certificate needs to be obtained prior to the application deadline.
Candidates must fill a postgraduate application form that can be downloaded from this page and submit it by the announced deadline. Page 3 of the application form has an extensive list of required documents to be enclosed with the application form. Since the M.Sc. in Remote Sensing and GIS program does not require prior experience, candidates do not have to provide a letter of experience. The application form along with the required documents can be submitted directly to the Admission Department (Jimi 2, Al Ain) or to the Program’s office in Abu Dhabi.
- For the Fall semester: 1 June
- For the Spring semester: 15 December
Dr. Nazmi Saleous
- Mobile: +971 50 338 5515
- Fax: +971 2 667 2449
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: +971507539917
- Email: email@example.com